Poha is rice flakes (beaten rice or flattened rice). Poha makes an amazing and light breakfast or snack. Its mild in taste (or you can spice it up). The veggies added are green peas and potatoes. Served hot with a sprikle of fresh lime juice and some sev topping
Veggies, mustard seeds, onions & green chilies
Veggies cooked with onion and mustard seeds
- Poha ( rice flakes): 2 cups
- Onion: 1 large
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies: 2
- Veggies(green peas+ potato pieces): poha wok3/4 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Lime: 1
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Soak the rice flakes in water and immediately drain the water.
- Chop the onion finely
- Chop the coriander leaves and green chilies finely
- Heat oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds
- Once the mustard seeds begin to crackle add the chopped green chilies
- Add the turmeric powder and mix
- Toss in the vegetables and cook on low heat till they are done. Add some more oil if required.
- Add salt to taste
- Once the vegetable are done add the washed rice flakes and mix the contents throughly.
- The rice flakes should get the yellow turmeric color coated on them
- Add the chopped coriander leaves
- Turn of the heat
- Sprikle half the lime juice on the poha and mix
- Server hot with a coriander leaf garnish and a sev topping
- Poha can be made with only one the vegetables or without any veggies
- Capsicum is also a good addition to the mix. Finely chop the capsicum and add while frying the onions
- Onions can also be deleted from the recipe.