Grilled Paneer Salad
Fresh & flavor packed vegetarian salad
Freshness of lime, flavor of garlic and a hit of fresh mint with grilled cottage cheese. This salad is easy to make and the mix of ingredients make the salad light and full of flavor. The vegetarian protein comes from the cottage cheese with is marinated before being grilled. All the other ingredients can be switched to get a variety of flavors.
Grilled Paneer Salad Recipe
Cooking Tool: Electric grill
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese: 1 small slab (100 gm)
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum: 1
- Red Onion: 1
- Mint leaves: 6-8
- Coriander leaves: 1 tsp
- Tomato: 1
- Fresh Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Garlic Paste: 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 1/2 tsp
- Massage the paneer slab with oil, garlic paste, pepper powder and a pinch of salt. Let it marinate for at least 15 mins
- Cut the bell pepper, onion & tomato into small pieces
- Grill the paneer gently. Nice brown lines should appear on the cheese.
- Place the pieces of onion, pepper & tomato on the grill for a few minutes to get a good flavor
- Cut the paneer into cubes and mix with the onion, pepper & tomato pieces
- Sprinkle the fresh lime juice, coriander leaves & mint leaves
- All the ingredients can be switched and here are some of my options: Paneer can be replaced with tofu. Coriander with parsley
- The cottage cheese can be marinated with some mint paste(with green chilies & garlic). Gives some good color too.