Desi French Toast
The terms and conditions of my Sunday breakfast are as follows:
- Easy to make
- Healthy(as you can see its not on top of my list).
French toast is one the items fulfilling all the conditions. Traditionally it is eaten with syrup or honey. I am not a big fan of sweet breakfasts. So here is my simple and spicy version of a classic breakfast item.
Some times I like to toss in the seasoning and chilli flakes which you get in packets along with you pizza
Pepper/ Chilli powder- 1/4 tsp
Mint leaves 6-7 finely chopped (optional)
- Whisk the eggs together with the pepper/ chilli powder,mint leaves and salt.
- Place a pan on medium heat
- Grease the pan with a little butter or oil
- Dip the bread slices one at a time in the whisked eggs. Soak for 20 seconds on both sides.
- Place the soaked bread sliced on the heated pan.
- Cook for 2-3min approx. till its golden brown on both sides
- Serve hot with ketchup