Bread pakora or Bread Bajjis are probably the easiest snack that can be made. The bread slices are dipped in a batter made of gram flour and deep fried. The minimum preparation time makes this an ideal go to emergency snack.
Mix all the ingredients and water to make a loose batter
Cut the bread slice into desired shape.
Dip the bread slices in the batter before deep frying
Deep fry the batter dipped bread slices.
Drain on absorbent paper
- Bread: 6 slices
- Gram Flour/ Besan: 1cups
- Red Chili powder: 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Mix the flour, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt
- Add water to make a loose batter
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying
- Dip the bread slices in the batter and gently dunk it in the hot oil
- Reduce the flame to medium. Turn the slices so that they are fried on either sides
- Once the slices turn golden in color remove them from the oil.
- Place the pakoras on absorbent paper to absorb the excess oil
- Serve hot with a sauce or a chutney
- Either ginger-garlic paste (1/4 tsp) or asefotida powder(a pinch) can be added to the batter for extra flavor
- Instead of just plain bread slices, sandwiches with some mashed potato stuffing can also be dunked in the batter and deep fried